If you have forgotten your Windows 10 administrator password and want to reset it again then you need to follow some steps. Here in this tutorial, you can easily find Windows administrator password. It seems to be really annoying when you keep entering your password again and again and the message appears incorrect password.
What is Windows administrator password?
To access your PC at an administrator level, the password that admin has set is Windows administrator password. In Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 almost every account is connected to administrator password.
There are two options to reset your Windows administrator password
- PC linked to Microsoft account
- Using command prompt
- PC does not link to any Microsoft account (Using utility software PCUnlocker)
Let us solve all methods individually
Find Windows 10 Administrator Password
Method 1: When linked to Microsoft account
For this, you need to access internet on other PC to reset your account password.
STEP 1: When you enter your password and it shows that you have entered incorrect password then below this you will see website link to reset your password.
STEP 2: Now choose I forgot my password and tap Enter.
STEP 3: Enter your Email address/ Phone number/Skype ID and character you see after this tap Enter.
STEP 4: Now verify your identity by selecting appropriate option suited you best.
STEP 5: Now once you select the above option the confirmation code will be sent and you have to confirm your identity.
STEP 6: Enter your new password and confirm it again.
Once you completed all the above steps you can go back to your PC and enter the new password you have set. By this, you can easily access your PC.
Method 2: Reset Windows 10 Administrator password using command prompt
To use command prompt on your same PC you need to have access to another account on your PC. If you don’t have then you have to see below methods. Using cmd to reset Windows 10 admin password is just a simple task. Only you need to follow some simple steps.
STEP 1: Open cmd and run it as an administrator.
STEP 2: Here you have to enter net user and then press enter key. Here you will see all the user accounts linked to your PC.
STEP 3: Type net user <user name> <new password> and press Enter key.
NOTE: Here you need to replace <user name> with your name displayed on user account list and <new password> with the password you wish to reset. See screenshot to make this more clear.
Method 3: How to Reset Windows 10 Password with PCUnlocker
Before using this method you must have spare PC, follow some simple steps to unlock your PC
Step 1: Download and unzip PCUnlocker File
- Here you need to access to any other computer to perform some of the functions. You have to download PCUnlocker to another computer.
- Once you have downloaded PCUnlocker, right click on the downloaded file and select Extract All option.
- Here you will get the PCUnlocker.iso file, tap on Extract option.
- Now you have to burn this PCUnlocker.iso file on your USB drive.
Step 2: Make a bootable USB using ISO2Disc utility
- For this, you have to download a free tool ISO2Disc. Once download completed open that file.
- Install it by following some simple steps. Click finish once installation completed.
- Now you have to insert the flash drive into your computer.
- Launch ISO2Disc and tap on Browse button. Here you need to locate PCUnlocker.iso file and open it.
- Now again on ISO2Disc, choose option Burn to USB Flash Drive. Click Start Burn.
- Confirm it again by clicking Yes. Make sure you have a backup of the data you have on USB.
- Wait for a moment, and you will see Burn Finish successfully.
Step 3: Boot your PC with PCUnlocker USB Drive
- Insert USB drive to password protected PC. Go to reboot option. Now enter into BIOS settings (in my PC BIOS settings display by F2 command) Different system has different keys. Go to boot option and select your USB drive.
- Save the settings by pressing the F10 key and Enter.
- Now your locked PC will boot from password reset utility boot drive.
Step 4: Reset your PC password
- Once your PC boots USB drive finishes, the PCUnlocker launch automatically.
- Here you will see
- Select a recovery mode: choose Local Admin/User password.
- SAM registry file: By default, it is selected.
- User account: Choose Administrator.
- Once selected above option, tap on Reset Password option (see screenshot).
- Confirm it by clicking on Yes button.
Once you have successfully reset the password of your account, click OK and tap Restart button.
Now your computer will restart automatically without showing password page.
You may also like:
- How to change Windows 10 login screen background
- 4 Ways to Increase Internet Speed Using cmd
- How to find Duplicate Files and remove them from PC