Last updated on November 5th, 2017 at 03:15 pm
During outstation traveling or using public wifi, one thing you are always afraid of that is your Privacy of using the internet. For secure and private accessing your internet there is only one option and that is using VPN services. There are lots of VPN service provider some are cheap and some are expensive depending on users requirements. Here we are going to discuss VPN service by NordVPN. For using it more than two months I found some pros and cons which I am discussing with you.
Most often this question comes on everyone’s mind. VPN is a software that makes an encrypted tunnel between your PC and connected internet server. This makes your PC isolated from the server you are using at that place by changing its IP address. Once you switch on your VPN your private network is created and no one else has access to that network and secures your data from any suspicious agents.
You might see while browsing internet some of the sites are not opening. The reason behind this is either your server or your country has some policies of not issuing that website. But by using VPN service you can easily access all the block websites without entering any details.
On the basis of my experience after using NordVPN I found NordVPN as an amazing tool to get secure and private access wherever we are connected to the internet. NordVPN ranks 1 editors choice. NordVPN doesn’t affect your computer speed or if you are using it on your phone. Yes! NordVPN allows private access to your Android devices, iOS devices too.
Servers & Locations
NordVPN has more than 1200+ servers in 61 countries. NordVPN allows you having Double VPN services in all major countries.
As I found NordVPN is a good option among all VPN services I have used. As more servers mean speed would be high and shows up good PC performance.
NordVPN gives you P2P sharing feature by which you can quickly share files across a network to large groups of people. This gives you fast downloading speed without any limitation to bandwidth.
No Log Policy
By this feature, your data remain completely isolated in all medium. Your log details, data cannot be tracked, collected or revealed in any form. NordVPN allows you this which keep your data all around protection.
This feature I like most because whatever you are accessing online, NordVPN doesn’t allow your history to any of Govt. agencies, ISPs. Which ensures that you are hundred 100% safe.
DNS Leak Test
This technology enables a special feature which protects your online activities from unencrypted sources outside your secure VPN tunnel.
Pricing & Offers
NordVPN comes with three plans
- 1-Year plan: $69 ($5.75/month)
- 6-Month plan: $42 ($7/month)
- 1-Month plan: $11.95
Still, if you find NordVPN is not efficient to you, it comes with 30-Days money back guarantee. Special discount to our readers go to a discount page.
Other NordVPN features:
- SSL based 2048-bit encryption
- Pass through firewall
- OpenVPN on SSL port
- Supports Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android
- Shared IP and Dedicated IP
- Own DNS server
- 6-Device connectivity
- 24/7 Support
- Web proxy extension
There are lot more features of NordVPN among which some I have discussed above.
How to start with NordVPN in Computer
Once you have purchased NordVPN it is very easy to use still, I will show you how to start with step by step instructions.
- Once you have purchased any plan from NordVPN, enter your Email ID and password on My Account in NordVPN website.
- Download software from the available options of Windows, Mac or others by tapping on Application (You will see these options under Download Area.
- Now the setup will get installed in your PC, open it. Now click install option, after this NordVPN automatically get installed in your computer.
Once you installed NordVPN some other settings you can modify. Here are some of these quick guide.
- If you want to change location just tap on Server (see screenshot below). Once you hit the power button it by default connect to the nearest server available to you.
- Here you can change server according to your choice. You can see the list of all countries having NordVPN servers. Moreover, you can individually see the list of countries offering Double VPN, Onion Over VPN, Dedicated IP servers and more.
Note: To get better speed prefer the country having more servers.
Getting Start with NordVPN on iPhone
- First of all, install NordVPN from AppStore, tap the avatar as shown in the screenshot.
- Tap Sign In and enter your login credential (same as you have entered while purchasing).
- Once you sign In, tap Quick Connect.
- You can also change country or server by tapping over List option.
- Here you will get all the servers available. Tap on the power button to connect with that network.
Always choose the server having less load % to get better performance.
Getting Start with NordVPN on Android
- Download NordVPN app from Play Store
- Once you open NordVPN in your phone tap My Account. Enter your login credential to sign in.
- To customize setting you can select the country and server you wish to connect.
Go for a server having less load percentage to get better speed. You can also make more changes in settings. In settings, you can enable TCP, CyberSec, Obfuscated Servers.
I hope this review about using NordVPN helps you to take better decision. If you like this I want you to share this with others too so that they can also get benefit from it.